September 2020: The Parish is seeking a Community Development Worker.
Are you interested in leading this parish in supporting rapidly changing North Shore communities to make their places better for everyone through community led development?
- You understand and value the contribution community expertise and experience can offer to both people and place.
- You value relationships and confidently build trust and relationship with diverse groups on issues that matter to them.
- You are confident working in agile and iterative ways that grow local leadership and agency and that support learning by doing.
- You are a joiner as much as a leader and can work confidently on your own as well as part of a diverse team.
- You have a commitment to, and ideally are experienced in, strengths-based Community Led Development principles and practice.
- You are an excellent communicator and can work in partnership within both church and community.
- You are a suitably qualified person in good standing with your own faith/values and wider community.
- You will be able to work to the Methodist ethos, including its bicultural commitment.
A Position Description is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak to Superintendent Rev Peter Norman Tel: 489 4590.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to
The Parish Administrator, Northcote Takapuna Methodist Parish,
P O Box 33 1013, Takapuna, Auckland 0740 or email@example.com .
Expressions of Interest close 4 October 2020.